M0del Agency - Complete scam! Do not waste your time or money!

11 of 48 M0del Agency reviews

Update added by user Aug 02

After I have chased them up again regarding my portfolio they have now decided to decline my application without any reason why. Damn I was hoping to get so much work from them just like every other model on the site! Don't waste your time with these scammers!!!

Original review posted by user Jul 30

After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me. After waiting around for an hour I was invited into the managers office, Adam I believe. He then began saying how the agency really liked my look and how impressed they were with me. Then began the selling!

He said in order for me to be signed I would need a portfolio of a minimum of 5 images from themselves. This would cost from £400 up to about £1000 depending on how many images I would like. He explained how much work there is available and showed me a list of jobs available on the website. He said I had only 12 hours to let them know.

Now I have no doubt at all that he spouts the same rubbish to every single person he sees in the hope of getting business from them. Don't be fooled - the photographers and the agency are the same people, the agency just hire out different studios each time.

Anyway I decided to have my own portfolio done elsewhere. I submitted my professional portfolio of 10 images to the website and didn't hear anything for over a week. I called the office and the same woman that always answers the phone told me it takes up to 10 days for Chrissy to reply. I waited 10 days and then chased them up again and finally got a reply asking where my images were taken. She then told me I need them retouched and she would charge £60.00 for it to meet her industry standards. I told her they had been professionally retouched already. I cant believe she said that after looking at some pictures of the models on the website , they have taken bedroom selfies. But they don't care as they have already made money out of them.

They are now not interested in me and not even replying because they did not manage to sell me anything. I would strongly urge anyone to not waste your time and money on this outfit! I have been unable to find any references of work they have secured for models.

Even if you are just after a portfolio you can find a professional photographer at a much better price than what they charge.

STAY AWAY!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• What I disliked
    • Customer service
    • Hard sales
    • Taking advantage of children
    • Collaboration to make us believe they were a real model agency
    • Scammers
    • Being tricked
    • No evidence of any secured work
    • Complete scam
    • Scams

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Review category
Professional Services
review #891414 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with M0del Agency? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
11 of 48 M0del Agency reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 31 #1192850

Maybe they just do not want you to model for them.
Upload the pics you had taken so we can all see what potential you have.
You know how to upload as you uploaded an email.....

1 6 Reply

Aug 10 #1197379 Sunderland, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Well clearly they did because they were "impressed with her look". And you are clearly a M0del employee!

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.