M0del Agency - Complete scam! Do not waste your time or money!
Update added by user Aug 02
After I have chased them up again regarding my portfolio they have now decided to decline my application without any reason why. Damn I was hoping to get so much work from them just like every other model on the site! Don't waste your time with these scammers!!!
Original review posted by user Jul 30
After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me. After waiting around for an hour I was invited into the managers office, Adam I believe. He then began saying how the agency really liked my look and how impressed they were with me. Then began the selling!
He said in order for me to be signed I would need a portfolio of a minimum of 5 images from themselves. This would cost from £400 up to about £1000 depending on how many images I would like. He explained how much work there is available and showed me a list of jobs available on the website. He said I had only 12 hours to let them know.
Now I have no doubt at all that he spouts the same rubbish to every single person he sees in the hope of getting business from them. Don't be fooled - the photographers and the agency are the same people, the agency just hire out different studios each time.
Anyway I decided to have my own portfolio done elsewhere. I submitted my professional portfolio of 10 images to the website and didn't hear anything for over a week. I called the office and the same woman that always answers the phone told me it takes up to 10 days for Chrissy to reply. I waited 10 days and then chased them up again and finally got a reply asking where my images were taken. She then told me I need them retouched and she would charge £60.00 for it to meet her industry standards. I told her they had been professionally retouched already. I cant believe she said that after looking at some pictures of the models on the website , they have taken bedroom selfies. But they don't care as they have already made money out of them.
They are now not interested in me and not even replying because they did not manage to sell me anything. I would strongly urge anyone to not waste your time and money on this outfit! I have been unable to find any references of work they have secured for models.
Even if you are just after a portfolio you can find a professional photographer at a much better price than what they charge.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Hard sales
- Taking advantage of children
- Collaboration to make us believe they were a real model agency
- Being tricked
- No evidence of any secured work
- Complete scam
You May Also Like
- "Brilliant download is a scam. When I was searching for a certain ebook, their website claimed to have it. After paying $3.00 I was redirected to their home page and..."
- "I had a very negative experience with you caring. A friend of mine had started a fundraiser to help her dog rescue. A few days into the fundraiser,..."
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "My website is down for several weeks now and they are doing nothing.The first time i contacted them about the issue i have been told to buy a dedicated IP..."
- "When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this..."
- "Please DO NOT buy anything from this deceitful company. They also have art dealers on the cruise ships who will force their way to charm you into buying their worthless..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."