M0del Agency - Complete scam! Do not waste your time or money!
Update added by user Aug 02, 2016
After I have chased them up again regarding my portfolio they have now decided to decline my application without any reason why. Damn I was hoping to get so much work from them just like every other model on the site! Don't waste your time with these scammers!!!
Original review posted by user Jul 30, 2016
After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me. After waiting around for an hour I was invited into the managers office, Adam I believe. He then began saying how the agency really liked my look and how impressed they were with me. Then began the selling!
He said in order for me to be signed I would need a portfolio of a minimum of 5 images from themselves. This would cost from £400 up to about £1000 depending on how many images I would like. He explained how much work there is available and showed me a list of jobs available on the website. He said I had only 12 hours to let them know.
Now I have no doubt at all that he spouts the same rubbish to every single person he sees in the hope of getting business from them. Don't be fooled - the photographers and the agency are the same people, the agency just hire out different studios each time.
Anyway I decided to have my own portfolio done elsewhere. I submitted my professional portfolio of 10 images to the website and didn't hear anything for over a week. I called the office and the same woman that always answers the phone told me it takes up to 10 days for Chrissy to reply. I waited 10 days and then chased them up again and finally got a reply asking where my images were taken. She then told me I need them retouched and she would charge £60.00 for it to meet her industry standards. I told her they had been professionally retouched already. I cant believe she said that after looking at some pictures of the models on the website , they have taken bedroom selfies. But they don't care as they have already made money out of them.
They are now not interested in me and not even replying because they did not manage to sell me anything. I would strongly urge anyone to not waste your time and money on this outfit! I have been unable to find any references of work they have secured for models.
Even if you are just after a portfolio you can find a professional photographer at a much better price than what they charge.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Hard sales
- Taking advantage of children
- Collaboration to make us believe they were a real model agency
- Being tricked
- No evidence of any secured work
- Complete scam
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello Fellow Parent, Please read the emails between myself and the SCAMMERS M0del Agency. Save yourself a lot of time & maybe money! In the emails you will see that I clearly..."
- "Go Matilda Visas and its managing director Alan Collett is a UNYTRUSTWORTH migration agent. Alan Collett is an accountant of GM Tax and a migration agent of Go Maltilda Visas. He..."
- "I chose Safelite because we had a great previous experience. So, we called them and they came out to my wife's work to fix the windshield. Upon completion I notice..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Used Videostripe.com's trial run back in 2014 and cancelled within a day, fast forward to 2016 and realised they took money from my bank account without my knowledge and consent..."
- "They sent me a sweater that was not at ALL what the picture looked like, complete SCAM! THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!! Don't waste your money!!!! All products are fake and..."
- "I bought the Dr Scholls light legs from Pharmacentre Pharmacy And Clinic at 149 Edgware Rd. London W2 2HU on the 30th of October 2016. As per the advise of..."