Update added by user Aug 02
After I have chased them up again regarding my portfolio they have now decided to decline my application without any reason why. Damn I was hoping to get so much work from them just like every other model on the site! Don't waste your time with these scammers!!!
Original review posted by user Jul 30
After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me. After waiting around for an hour I was invited into the managers office, Adam I believe. He then began saying how the agency really liked my look and how impressed they were with me. Then began the selling!
He said in order for me to be signed I would need a portfolio of a minimum of 5 images from themselves. This would cost from £400 up to about £1000 depending on how many images I would like. He explained how much work there is available and showed me a list of jobs available on the website. He said I had only 12 hours to let them know.
Now I have no doubt at all that he spouts the same rubbish to every single person he sees in the hope of getting business from them. Don't be fooled - the photographers and the agency are the same people, the agency just hire out different studios each time.
Anyway I decided to have my own portfolio done elsewhere. I submitted my professional portfolio of 10 images to the website and didn't hear anything for over a week. I called the office and the same woman that always answers the phone told me it takes up to 10 days for Chrissy to reply. I waited 10 days and then chased them up again and finally got a reply asking where my images were taken. She then told me I need them retouched and she would charge £60.00 for it to meet her industry standards. I told her they had been professionally retouched already. I cant believe she said that after looking at some pictures of the models on the website , they have taken bedroom selfies. But they don't care as they have already made money out of them.
They are now not interested in me and not even replying because they did not manage to sell me anything. I would strongly urge anyone to not waste your time and money on this outfit! I have been unable to find any references of work they have secured for models.
Even if you are just after a portfolio you can find a professional photographer at a much better price than what they charge.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Hard sales
- Taking advantage of children
- Collaboration to make us believe they were a real model agency
- Being tricked
- No evidence of any secured work
- Complete scam
You May Also Like
- "Went to my 'shoot' last sunday and believe me I feel ***! Applied via the Facebook ad just because modelling has always been an interest of mine and wanted a bit..."
- "I had an agreement with Plastic resource group(PRG), to build a prototype for me. The first phase of his bid was for $10,050.00 and a time frame of 20 business..."
- "I was a model for Colby Models and Ryan Colby for 3 years. I never met anyone who made more than $100.00 total after being with them for 3 years...."
- "In August 2012 I ordered a free trial of a Deadsea Beauty Kit, paying for just the postage. As soon as I received it I discovered from very small print that..."
- "We were cheated when we rented our apartment through airbnb to find the common area was being renovated paint stripped off the walls and the carpet ripped up The apartment is..."
- "Our Delonghi Icona kettle caught fire last Monday. My wife filled the kettle, switched it on and it immediately caught fire with flames originating by the switch, rising up the..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."